Pastor John and Deborah Zabawski, originally from Cleveland, Ohio, traveled as evangelists throughout several states ministering the Word of God in seminars, Full Gospel Businessmen's Fellowships, Women's Aglow meetings, and churches. They began a radio broadcast, "Voice of Faith," in Greenville, NC on November 23, 1979. While conducting a series of meetings in Greenville's Rotary Building, the Lord spoke to Pastor John and asked him to "feed His sheep" in Greenville. The following month, Pastor John and Debbie moved their belongings from Ohio and established Faith & Victory Church on Sunday, June 1, 1980.
The church was originally located on 10th street near Dickinson Avenue. Due to a consistent growth in attendance, the church purchased a gymnasium in August of 1984 from Carolina Country Day (formerly Karl B. Pace Academy). This facility was located off State Road 1708 (now known as Fire Tower Road) and was the cornerstone of the church’s present campus.
God Brings Growth
In 1986 the church purchased the remnants of Pace Academy - four brick buildings located adjacent to the sanctuary building. Church leaders soon realized the importance of a long-term plan, so in the summer of 1991 and spring of 1992, the church purchased approximately 11 acres of land located next to the brick buildings for future development.
In 2006 the church built the new facilities that include a 1100 seat sanctuary and a children’s building that houses up to 250 children on Sundays and doubles as a daycare during the week providing childcare to up to 150 children everyday.
Looking to the Future
In 2008 Pastor John began working toward passing the church to the next generation through a series of messages and seeing our culture change, the church name was changed from Faith and Victory to Reimage. In 2017, leadership was transitioned to the new lead pastor, Chris Hopkins.
Today, Reimage Church continues to be and become a diverse community of Christ-followers changing our world.